The spoken voice: presentation skills for professional and graduate training
Success in business and academia is becoming increasingly reliant on the presentation and performance skills of an individual. Whether pitching a proposal in a high risk meeting, giving a presentation at a conference or facing an interview panel, effective voice use and good presentation skills in high stress conditions are essential. In2Voice offers workshops with practical techniques for ensuring good voice use in stressful situations. Embedded in our belief that science can help inform practice, the course deals with issues of vocal projection in difficult spaces, nerves and their effect on the spoken voice alongside a holistic management of presentation techniques in terms of body language and approach.
Example session topics:
- Why our voices change when we are nervous
- How to maintain effective breathing in high pressure situations
- How to warm up your voice - and why is it important?
- How to look after your voice and healthy voice use.
- How to make yourself heard and understood.
- How stress and tension affect the voice.
- Tips for working in difficult acoustics.